Members of DAV benefit from:
- regular updates on industry news
- a quarterly newsletter
- access to correspondence about key industry issues
- networking opportunities
- alliances with complementary peak bodies
- systemic advocacy on issues affecting the sector
- having a greater influence on policy makers about disability advocacy issues.
DAV offers two types of membership:
Full membership is open to independent community-based disability advocacy organisations in Victoria, including self-advocacy groups, whose primary purpose is to advocate for people with disabilities. Only full members are able to vote at the annual general meeting.
Associate membership is open to individuals or groups with a demonstrated commitment to advocacy and the empowerment of people with disabilities. Disability service providers that offer advocacy services to people with disabilities (for a fee) may be eligible for associate membership. Associate members are not able to vote at the annual general meeting.
Memberships fees are due on 1 July each year.
- Full member (advocacy group over $50,000): $75.00
- Full member (advocacy group under $50,000): $38.00
- Associate group member: $22.00
- Associate individual member: $5.50
Submit the DAV Membership Renewal Form 2017
Submit the DAV New Membership Form 2017